Dante Speaks Out

>> Thursday, July 9, 2009




What does it feel like working on the set of "General Hospital"?

It feels like a train wreck. But in a good way. Only because I feel like sometimes I'm in a scene and I have no idea what line I have to say next because I'm still trying to get used to the 20 pages a day kind of thing. Other than that, it's a lot of fun. The pace of it is awesome because I have a really short attention span. And I find I never get bored.
That's the best part - it's a play a day.

It is like being on stage. You get that buzz every day when you go in. A lot of times when you go in on a normal show ... you lose the fire because it just becomes less organic. [What] you get from this show, and also all soaps that are shot this way, comes from not knowing if things are going to go well [because it's different material every day]. You kind of hope for the best ... just be prepared as best you can be. And hope your instincts take care of the rest of it.

It's fun. I couldn't be happier -- everyone's been awesome. I'm happy to be a working actor.
How was it working with Maurice Benard?

It's been great. We're very similar actors in the way we go about our business and I think it's working out well for our chemistry on screen. He was in an interview the other day and he called me into it, and answered a question [similar to the one just asked] about me and he described it as [that] we have the same kind of motor, and the same kind of process. Even in the audition, it was a crazy, adrenaline-filled scene. He told Lisa LoCicero afterwards that he thought I was going to hit him in the scene! Which obviously I wouldn't have done, but it's been like that ever since. Every time we're doing a scene together, there's an intensity. I mean you can't not have an intensity working with him. He's an intense guy. If you match him, or at least try and find a way for your character to get what they want out of the scene with him, he's going to play with you. There's a lot of actors who don't actually play -- they lose the honesty of the scenes ... they are just waiting to speak their line. Like we all do in real life, people just want to think about what they're going to say next instead of actually listening to the words coming out of people's mouths. So when you work with someone that's actually [listening and reacting] ... It's like "Wow, that's kind of cool." I changed the line and you were listening because you changed things too. You throw him a fastball, he'll throw you a curveball. When you can play catch like that, it makes working fun.
Is there anyone on the show that you think it would be fun to have a potential romantic pairing?

To tell you the truth, I've found the stuff I've had with Claudia -- with Sarah ... it felt like there was this tension there. But she's just such a phenomenal actress and has so much talent. She's intense, and when you have that kind of intensity ... well, you can't create chemistry. For some reason, the chemistry we have is pretty electric. So I wouldn't turn down that option.
For full interview to read please click here
Thank you to SoapNet

0 comments:

About This Blog

There is no way or form t hat this blog is related to ABC Daytime, Soaps or actors. All photos, banners and videos are that are on this blog, t hey belong to ABC and their owners, no copyright infrigment is intended on my part, if there are any problems or issues please contact me at my email : vaiduliukas88@yahoo.com.
These pictures are being used under Fair copyright law 107. This site is created by a fan, and only meant for fans.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP